We are delighted that you have chosen to study with us on the Solent University International Foundation Programme (IFP), which we hope you will find interesting, challenging and most of all, help you prepare for studying your chosen degree at the University.
January 2021 intake
Due to Covid-19, things will be a little different this year, and you have the flexibility to study the IFP remotely (online) or in the UK, but this will not affect the academic aspects of your course.
Your course is due to start on Monday 11th January 2021 so before that date you need to complete the pre-registration process. Please download our “Online Pre-Registration User Guide” and carefully complete each step in the process. You MUST complete this before you can begin your International Foundation Programme.
Monday 11th January 2021 is also the beginning of Induction Week. There will be a number of activities arranged for Induction Week and all students will be expected to attend these, whether you are studying in the UK or remotely. You will be emailed more information about the induction week and enrolment.
Planning your arrival
To help us plan your enrolment on the IFP course, and timetable your classes, can you please email us your response to the following question?
Please select 1 of the statements below that best describes your current plans:
I am planning to…
- a) Arrive in the UK before 11th January 2021 and complete all my learning and assessments in the UK.
- b) Arrive in the UK by the end of January 2021 and start learning on campus and online at the beginning of February 2021.
- c) Attend induction online, study all my classes and complete all my assessments fully online for Term 1 and then arrive in the UK in April 2021 to continue my learning in Term 2.
- d) Attend induction online, study all my classes and complete all my assessments fully online for the entire IFP course, then come to the UK to enrol on my degree course at Solent in September 2021.
Please email your response to Sarah Dye, Head of the Pathway Centre at Solent University, at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 4th January 2021.
Accessing your course
Even if you intend to come to the UK and attend some of your lessons on campus, most of your course will be delivered online and you will also be required to complete homework and assessments online – you must therefore ensure that you have the following before you begin your IFP course:
- a computer or laptop (with the basic Office software – Word, Powerpoint & Excel) with a microphone and webcam
- a strong, reliable internet connection
- a quiet place to study where there are minimal distractions or noise