We understand that many applicants and enquirers have questions about our upcoming start dates. We hope that this page helps to reassure those who are yet to join us. We will be updating this page regularly should there be changes to the situation and government guidance.
For general information, visit here
All current students: please continue to check your university email for updates from us.
I need to complete an admissions interview/assessments – will this go ahead?
Yes. Whilst our buildings are currently closed, we are able to interview and assess you online. Our team will be in contact with you to arrange this. Once our centres reopen and it is safe and practical for us to do so, we will offer face-to-face admissions interviews/assessments.
To complete your interview/assessment online:
- You will require access to a laptop or PC with sound and microphone as well as a webcam (built-in or standalone)
- Your assessment can be taken from home
- Some agents may also have these facilities that you can access at their offices
PLEASE NOTE: Once our campuses reopen, you will be required to bring any original copies of your previous qualifications in for our Admissions Team to verify. You will be asked to present your original qualification(s) and photo ID. Failure to present them will result in you being withdrawn from your course.
If you would like to find out more information, to book an assessment or to find out the status of your assessment with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 3925 6393.
My course is due to start in September – will it?
Yes. Our focus is to provide a safe and welcoming environment for students studying with us. At our London, Birmingham and Manchester Centres this Autumn, we plan to offer the opportunity to engage in some small group face-to-face teaching, consistent with any social distancing measures that may be in place, in addition to online live classes.
We are putting plans in place ready for when your studies start to ensure that we provide a safe and welcoming environment for you to enjoy.
We are achieving this by:
- Offering on-campus teaching opportunities where possible and it is safe and practical, taking in to consideration any social distancing rules
- Your course will be delivered using live online classes, with the opportunity to supplement these with face-to-face teaching where possible
- You will have access to a range of dynamic virtual teaching tools which our academics will use to deliver engaging and challenging online learning and teaching. This includes access to a mix of online learning resources and your Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) 24/7, via your mobile, tablet and laptop.
- Access to all of our support services, either online or on-campus, including our ACE Team, Careers support and pastoral support from our Welfare Team
- A social programme of activities to enable you to meet your fellow students, online and in-person, subject to social distancing requirements.
I’m not currently in the UK and worried I won’t be able to travel to the UK in time for the start of my programme – will I lose my place?
We are continuing to monitor the situation. From 8 June 2020, there are new rules in place for entering the UK due to Covid-19. The rules are for both residents and visitors to the UK and include 14-days’ self-isolation on arrival. During those two weeks you will not be able to attend classes. You should take this into account when planning your journey to the UK. Further details, together with guidance on how to travel safely from the airport, are available here.
If you are worried about arriving late due to travel restrictions, please let us know as soon as possible and one of our team will contact you directly.
Students will have the option to enrol and commence studies online.
To contact us to discuss your specific situation, please call +44 (0)20 3925 6393.
What IT hardware/software will I need to be able to study online?
Recognising that some or all of your study will be online you will need to access the University’s resources via internet.
As such you should have:
- Access to a computer (desktop/laptop) that is less than 5 years old
- Speakers/headphones/earbuds for listening to audio or video presentations
- A webcam
Our online sessions can be accessed via smartphone, but it is recommended that you have access to a tablet/laptop or a PC for ease of use and completing assessments.
You will also need access to a stable internet connection. You will be given access to Microsoft Office 365 once you are registered on your programme, free of charge.
Can you help me organise accommodation?
If you would like help finding, booking, and organising accommodation for your studies, the QA Higher Education Accommodation Service is here to help. Complete your details using an online form here and one of the team will contact you to discuss your options.
Are you still processing applications?
Our Admissions Teams are working remotely and continue to accept and process applications as usual. Due to the high volume of applications and enquiries we are still receiving, there may be a slight delay.
Student Finance England Funding:
Will tuition fee and maintenance loans be processed and paid as normal?
Generally yes. The Student Loan Company are continuing to pay maintenance and tuition fee loans in the amounts students expected, based on their previous assessment. Student Finance England however reserve the right to request further evidence to support claims for funding at any time.
Will my tuition fee allocation change as a result in my programme moving to online learning?
Tuition fee payments will not alter as a result of changes in delivery, as the course is deemed to be completed based on the original course intention.
Can I still talk to someone to find out about your courses and how to apply?
Yes, of course!
Our team are still on hand to help, whether you want to know more about the course, teaching, the city, entry requirements or any other questions about studying with us. All you need to do is call on +44 (0)20 3925 6393 or complete our enquiry form, and we’ll call you back to talk through with you.